Tuesday, June 6

what i've been reading in 2017

book words letters study read school outside window plants grass

At the beginning of the year, Goodreads asked me if I wanted to set a goal for how many books I'd like to read in 2017. I've never set reading goals for myself before but thought it'd be interesting to keep track for once. I set a goal of twenty-five, and after five months, I am pretty surprised to report I have already read eighteen! I read in spurts so I expect I won't be able to keep up the rate at which I've been reading, but am feeling fairly confident I'll meet the goal before the end of the year.

So, here's what I've been reading and how I rated each on Goodreads.

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - 3 Stars
Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt - 3 Stars
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - 3 Stars
Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre - 3 Stars
Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre - 3 Stars
Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt - 3 Stars
Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3) by Erin Watt - 3 Stars
16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove #1) by Debbie Macomber - 4 Stars
American Queen by Sierra Simone - 2 Stars
204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove #2) by Debbie Macomber - 4 Stars
311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove #3) by Debbie Macomber - 4 Stars
44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove #4) by Debbie Macomber - 3 Stars
Letters from Home by Kristina McMorris - 4 Stars
Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie - 3 Stars
Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie - 3 Stars
Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie - 3 Stars
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - 3 Stars
Collide (Collide #1) by Gail McHugh - 3 Stars

Out of the list above, I would say Letters from Home, a historical fiction novel, has been by far my favorite. The Cedar Cove series started out strong and then I just sort of got bored with them. The Matched series falls under the same genre as The Hunger Games. The series was pretty good actually, but it's hard to match the hype and quality of The Hunger Games. American Queen has been my least favorite. I'm pretty sure I made myself finish that book. Firefly Lane was really good but I rated it in comparison to The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and that may be a bit unfair since that one is possibly my favorite book EVER.

I'm currently reading the second book in the Collide series, Pulse. I'm to the point where I am trying to make myself finish that one. I've lost interest, but if you start something you should finish it, right?

What have you been reading? What do I need to add to my list?

~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

14 comments:

  1. I have never read Macomber's books. Maybe I should pick a series up?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Debbie Macomber books around, and I know that some Hallmark movies are made after her book. I don't know why I haven't picked any up. You have read a ton this year! How was a Handmaids Tale? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of historical fiction, but I might need to check out letters from home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reviews. I'm always wondering what is worth starting or not...especially when it's part of a series. Hoping I have more reading time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been reading a ton lately! I read in spurts too...right now I'm trying to get through a book on the French Revolution, but I think I might desert it soon. I liked The Nightingale too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite an impressive list! The Letters from Home book looks like something I'd typically read...I'll have to try and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I'm a sucker for romantic historical fiction!!

      Delete
  7. I've read most of the books on your list. I loved the first book Matched by Ally Condie but thought the others were okay. I wasn't a fan of Truly Madly Guilty. I loved Firefly Lane and Kristin Hannah is one of my favorite authors. I added Collide to my to read list. I agree with you about the Cedar Cove series. I got through ten and then fizzled out. No, if you start a series you don't have to finish! I have a gazillion unfinished series....some are even ones that I want to read but just haven't gotten to yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you aren't loving a book, nothing wrong with putting it down! I know it's harder for some to DNF than others though. lol

    Congrats on reading so much already!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on already being so close to your goal! I read Truly Madly Deeply earlier this year too and was kind of underwhelmed and found it a bit slow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Matched and liked it, read Crossed and didn't love it, and never got to the third.

    There's no shame in a DNF. I've had a handful of them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You read so much!! I'm adding Letters From Home to my list! Fun fact: Debbie Macomber and I live in the same town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many good books out there, no reason to continue on with one if you don't feel the urge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Nightingale is on my summer TBR. I need to get to it soon! Everyone loves it. However, all these new suspense/mystery books keep distracting me :) I'm confident I will like it though. So many good reviews out there!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...