Friday, June 16

friday favorites: a blogging hiatus recap


Well Friends, are you as happy to see Friday as I am? It's been a busy week for me work wise so I haven't been awesome about capturing my favorites. I have literally zero photos to share. What fun is that? So, I thought we'd catch up on what's been happening this year while on my hiatus from the blogosphere.

[1] The kickoff of the hiatus - the positive pregnancy test occurred on January 8th. It wasn't long after that I started feeling super tired and nauseous. I'm not one to actually get sick while pregnant, I just feel like I'm going to ALL day long. And this round of nausea didn't subside until about the 17th week mark. The first trimester also seems to bring out the headaches. Thankfully, those are few and far between now.


[2] Little J wrapped up his karate lessons and embarked on another adventure, minor league baseball. We moved up from T-ball and started hitting off the pitching machine. The kids actually had somewhat of an idea on how to play the game this year and it was so much fun for this mama to watch. He did great hitting the ball and fielding the ball. Still some work to do with the ball once he's fielded it, but he had a blast and that's all that matters. We're already looking forward to next year.

[3] My Farmer and I had the best date night a few weeks ago. For his birthday, I splurged on Ronnie Milsap tickets at our local theater. Ronnie Milsap was amazing. I didn't really know much about him before going to the show, just that my Farmer liked his music. I had no idea he had over forty number one hits and had accomplished it all while blind. He was impressive to say the least.


[4] Little J did something amazing last month. He accepted Jesus as his Savior and followed the Lord in believer's baptism. We are so so proud of him and the young man he is becoming. It is such an answered prayer to know he is on his way to heaven when he dies. And from that, I rededicated my life to Christ. We had fallen into a sorry habit of only attending on Sunday mornings. I also hadn't been reading my Bible or praying like I should. Since his decision, I'm happy to report that I've been reading more, praying more, and I think we've missed maybe one service. I already feel tons closer to Him. I can honestly say I've missed having that close, personal walk with Jesus. I'm happy to be working on getting it back.

[5] I captured this beautiful sunrise on my way to work one morning. Isn't God good?


[6] Kindergarten graduation happened. Seriously. Wasn't it just yesterday that I watched my little boy climb onto the bus and go to school for the first time? This school year flew. And at least for now, he loves school. He loves doing the work and learning to read and do math. He even received a couple of awards for being an awesome speller and reading so much. He's already looking forward to first grade.

[7] Little L is a crackerjack. His little personality has developed into such a fun and entertaining one. He doesn't cease to make you laugh and he's always singing or talking with animated voices. He loves going with Daddy out on the farm and doesn't care for being left behind when it's too dangerous. He loves his "bubby" and wants to go wherever he goes and do whatever he does. He rides his John Deere tractor like it's a bat mobile. He's a bit of a daredevil and you literally cannot take your eye off of him for a second or he'll be doing something crazy like riding his tractor out on the road! He refuses to put potty training into action. He KNOWS. He just won't do it. I need to get him out of pull-ups before Baby comes. Any suggestions? He really doesn't care to be in a wet or dirty diaper. Gross! And I've tried just putting him in underwear, he just comes to me walking all awkward saying "I peed and laughing." Ahh!

Well, I think that about covers the highlights. It's been a blessed 2017 so far and I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us for the rest of the year. I'm excited for the weekend and look forward to sharing it with you next week. We're taking Little J to his first Major League Baseball game!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Linking up with April| Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Katie | High Five for Friday

~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so nauseous this time around. Kindergarten graduation?! Oh man, I know that day will be here before I know it. What a beautiful sunrise. God's paintbrush is so amazing! Have a great weekend <3 Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good recap. What a beautiful sunrise. I am a sucker for pink skies. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pregnancy sounds a lot like mine with Katie. Happy that part has ended. Congratulations on little J's decision. That's such an awesome commitment and does a mama's heart good. Yay for you for working on your walk with God too. Sometimes it's so hard to make time, but he's always there for us so we need to do it. So I went to college in Nashville and Ronnie Milsap's house was really close to campus. We'd drive by it all the time and one time my roomie and I stopped at his gate and rang the buzzer. I forget what we said, probably something stupid like is Ronnie home. Anyway, I've always loved hime too! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many awesome stories here! Glad that the feeling-sick phase of pregnancy is over for you! I was really similar with my baby girl. A big congratulations to Little J and to you as well in your decisions for Jesus! Your mama heart must be SO proud. Hope you have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunrise! That is the one thing I will miss about my long morning commutes- I always enjoyed the early morning skies! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes my day to hear about both of your guys walk with Jesus!! So happy for you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so humbled and so thankful for his decision and incredibly grateful for how it's impacted the rest of the family! It's certainly done amazing things in my heart. :))

      Delete
  7. Your first half of 2017 sounds like pure perfection - OK with the exception of nausea and heachaches! I'm so excited for your second half of the year too. What is your due date? God is GOOD! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, aside from the first trimester ailments, it really was perfection! I am so thankful for how good He has been to me. Even when I least deserve it! Due middle of September!! Seems forever away but I know it will fly!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like the first half of the year has been pretty good. My youngest graduated preschool last month, time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so good! And I am so thankful! :)) Yes, it does fly! Kindergarten here you come!! And that's a whole different level of bittersweetness!!

      Delete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...