Friday, June 9

friday favorites: a baby bump debut

Wow, it's hard to believe that this is my first Friday post since January! Time has seriously gotten away from me. I have so much to share with you from the past five months, but I will save that download for another day.

Today, let's chat about my favorites from this week.

[1] In case you missed it, on Saturday I shared the primary reason for my temporary hiatus. Baby #3 is coming this Fall! And believe it or not, this is my first baby bump picture. With the first pregnancy, I remember taking a picture every month like clockwork. Took a few with the second, and the pictures this round are practically non-existent. Is that not how it goes?

[2] Last Friday evening, I put my flip flops on, a pair of shorts, tied my hair back and said let's get this garden planted. Ha! No, really. I planted twelve tomato plants, four rows of beans and five rows of corn. All by my lonesome. My youngest was in tow, but he was mostly concerned with playing in the dirt with his equipment. I noticed yesterday evening that there are some buds starting to pop through the ground. Bring on some fresh garden veggies!


[3] On Wednesday, I shared all the books I've read so far this year. I'm working on making my list for the rest of the year. Have any suggestions I can add?

book words letters study read school outside window plants grass

[4] I broke my sunglasses last weekend and by Tuesday, I was in dire need. I could not do anymore driving without them. I ran into TJ Maxx on my lunch and picked up these Jessica Simpson Mocha Enamel Oval Cateye Sunglasses for... wait for it... $10. I love them! They are so pretty and so comfortable.


[5] Lastly, I am absolutely loving these cooler days! Keeps the swelling in my ankles and feet down a bit, plus I feel like I can breathe a little easier. The only thing I'm not loving is the allergies that are still sporting around. I've got the crud, and since there are basically zero decongestants I can take, I'm soothing the throat with hot chocolates and milkshakes. I think I can handle that!


Okay, let's get this Friday on and kick off the weekend! To my knowledge, we have very little planned, and that makes me so so happy. I would love to get caught up on NCIS and Scorpion, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Have an amazing weekend!

Linking up with April| Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Katie | High Five for Friday
 
~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

14 comments:

  1. Loving your new sunnies & that sweet baby bump! Looking great girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your BIG news! Also, yay on that garden :) Enjoy your weekend. I was pregnant in the summer x2 and I loved it - weirdo right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! So excited for you!! What a cute first baby bump pic of this pregnancy! You look beautiful, Trista! Way to go on getting that garden planted!! I always intend to but never seem to get around to it. Super impressive that you just got to work on your own, with a cute helper in tow. ;) Fun find on those sunglasses and great price too! Wishing you and your fam a fantastic weekend ahead! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those new glasses are so cute! Congrats on the baby! How did I miss that, how fun! And I have MAJOR garden envy. I love how big it is! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a pretty preggo lady! Kudos for getting a garden planted while pregnant! I was not that productive during either of my pregnancies!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, congratulations! Happy to have found your blog today! Love that you are managing to work on a garden, though I don't know how I'd do that. Those sunglasses are exactly what I have my eye out for lately! Hope you have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..Congratulations!! You look beautiful!!! Love your sunnies. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I am now adding some of your books to my to-read list! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still so excited for baby #3! And yay for tackling the garden, lol at the little one enjoying all the dirt. Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks amazing!! And so you do!! So exciting about baby number 3!! :) Hope you get to catch up on your shows and relax a lot this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bump is so cuuuuute!! Love it. Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh- I love some of the amazing finds at TJs! I got Oscar de La Renta glasses there years ago that I loved! Way to go on that garden- I don't think I'll ever be motivated enough to plant one myself, so I'll live vicariously through you. Have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...