Monday, June 12

black calf shenanigans

See this little rascal.


He was born on Friday. He's a cutie for sure, but he is also a little bit of an ornery thing. How so? He likes to venture outside the fence. He's little enough to escape, but his mama isn't. Plus, there's a creek that runs beside the field and we do not want him finding his way there because he might drown. So, we've been keeping our eyes on the field off and on throughout the day to make sure he's with his mama and she's not going crazy because she can't get to him.

First thing Sunday morning, Little J walks out to see if the calf stayed in the field through the night. Success, he is safe and sound. So we proceed with the Sunday morning routine. Does anyone else feel this way about Sunday mornings?


I saw that on Facebook and thought truer words couldn't be said. And how will we ever be on time with three in tow?! Anyhoo, we are literally climbing into the car to leave (with no time to spare) when Little J exclaims that he doesn't see the calf. The little rascal had broke free and wasn't too far from the creek. So, my Farmer... in his Sunday best, put on a pair of gloves, walked the field, and picked up the calf like he would our toddler and placed him back in the field. When he climbed back into the car, I said "Nothing like being a farmer on a Sunday morning, huh?" He wasn't amused... but I was!

As for the rest of the weekend, I planned on Friday to be lazy and catch up on my favorite TV shows. It didn't happen. On Saturday, I cleaned most of the day, made the yummiest steak and potato dinner, and prepared this scrumptious dessert that Kelsey shared. I'll be sharing the recipe here on the blog soon.


On Sunday, my favorite from the services was the Parable of the Good Samaritan. I need to remember to be a servant. I often do not recognize the opportunities outside of my own family to be a help to others. I'm always so focused on our little family and keeping all of us afloat! But I know I can do better and should.

By the way, I am loving my new Bible. I had been eyeing the Bibles that have space enough for you to make notes and finally splurged on one a few weeks ago. I love it. I love being able to write cross references in the notes or jot down important points that struck me during the sermon or Bible study. I picked this one up on Amazon and highly recommend it.



Well, I think that about sums up our weekend. How was yours?

Linking up with Biana | B Loved Boston and Heather | My Glittery Heart

~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - a baby calf - I think I'd be out there all day long just watching them explore the world LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I can't believe he broke free! Glad he didn't get too far or into too much trouble! What a morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the calf, wow, animals are amazing. Speaking of amazing, i need that dessert stat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That calf story is funny. What a feisty little thing. And I had to laugh about the farmer getting his gloves and getting to work before church. That would have happened around here :) That dessert looks so yummy! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that baby calf is so cute, I can't believe he broke free. What a free spirit, pun intended. Oh that dessert looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, sweet baby calf. I'd give you $10 right now for a piece of that heavenly dessert to go with a cup of coffee! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That precious calf!!! And my goodness, that dessert needs to get in my mouth now. I'll be salavating til I get that recipe girl! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby calf is so cute. I love how you have all that right there. It's so cool for the kids too. That dessert looks AMAZING. Glad it was a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picking up a calf was part of your Sunday morning problems! Sunday is definitely not a day of rest in our home- blah! That dessert looks great (I'm making a knock-off chocolate chip Nothing Bundt Cake in my oven right now!) Happy Tuesday- hope you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby calf! I love that your son is so into checking up on him and totally agree with that meme! I don't know if we'll ever be on time again! Finally, that dessert looks so delicious!

    I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...