Tuesday, January 17

tuesday talk and 10 random facts about me


Hey Friends! I am linking up with Erika for Tuesday Talk, and since I completely missed Erin's 10 on the 10th link up last week, I'm going to mix and mingle the two today. I'm going to share a few random facts about me as though we just met and we're chatting over some hot chocolate and donuts. Yum!

Let's chat.

Hey there, I'm Trista. It's super nice to meet you, and I'm really glad you're here. I can just tell we're going to be fast friends, can't you?

[1] I've been married for almost 10 years, and we have two boys - age 6 and 2. They sure keep me hopping. All three of them. Laundry is never finished, EVER.

[2] We live on a farm where we put up lots of hay and breed cattle. We have one dog who destroys everything, and two cats who are the best mousers we've ever had. I secretly love that we do not have cell service.

[3] I graduated from college with my Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and received my CPA license about a year later. After a few years in public accounting, I made the move to industry and now work full time as a financial analyst. I seriously have the best job ever.

[4] I'm a nerd. I must admit that I love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and the pages of a brand new notebook. I could spend hours in Office Max just perusing all of the amazing gadgets and gizmos. My version of retail therapy is a new notebook or some sort of functional desk art.

[5] I spend entirely too much time reading. I was anti-Kindle at first, but have long since came around to the dark side. It's so incredibly easy to find your next book and start reading it right away. Not so great on the wallet though. I prefer chick lit but love a good romance/mystery.

[6] Ya know, I really don't mind winter as long as the sun is shining. I can handle the cold temps and the several inches of snow, but the gloom and rain is kind of a downer. I mean 50s and 60s in January with grey skies and a constant drizzle, no thank you. Save that for Spring and Fall please.

[7] Yes, we do belong to a church in our neighborhood. We're really quite blessed to be a part of such a fundamental, Bible believing congregation. We read KJV, sing from a hymnal, and believe that there is only way to heaven, through Jesus Christ.

[8] I never work out. What a shame. I was so active growing up. I played volleyball, basketball, softball, and even ran track. I was particularly fond of volleyball and basketball. I had the opportunity to play volleyball in college for a couple of years, and I always loved a good intramural basketball game. I took a badminton class once and it was an absolute blast.

[9] My all-time favorite show is Gilmore Girls. It dethroned The Torkelsons when I was in college. I rarely watch TV while it's actually airing. There are two shows that I make a concerted effort to stay caught up on: NCIS and Scorpion. We recently started The Crown and that's quickly becoming a favorite too. I used to watch movies all the time, but now they're few and far between.

[10] I blog over at The Classy Chaos. I wish I had a plethora of time to spend on posting more and reading more posts, but sleep usually wins out in the end. I've met some great ladies and I've learned a ton from others who have paved the way before me. I'm blessed to be a part of such a great network.

Well, I really should be going. It's time to start the day. We should definitely do this again sometime, and soon.

Do have a lovely day and try to stay classy through the chaos!
  
~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

18 comments:

  1. Loved this and cannot believe I missed it last week. Great to get to know fellow bloggers more - especially the ones you enjoy reading! Have a great day!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a CPA (well I guess I still technically am) too! I never switched from public to industry, instead just left completely to stay home with my son. If I do go back it won't be to public accounting though! It's so great you love the switch to being a financial analyst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trista, you had me at new pencils and notebooks! Hahaha! I agree about the sun in the winter. It has been so UGLY here weather wise (just lots of snow but NO sun) and yesterday it was sunny but in the single digits. So we couldn't even go play outside. I stood in my big windows and just soaked in as much as I could. Hahaha! I loved learning more about you today! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and I feel like we have a lot in common. It's so true, no matter what the laundry is never done! My husband and I are actually looking at property to start a farm. I'm so glad you have a job that you love! And more time for blogging would be perfect along with everything else in life lol. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Torkelsons! I didn't know anyone else had every heard of that! Really enjoyed reading this post and getting to know more about you. I live in Michigan. We have winter for like 8-9 months out of the year. It's a real bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weather...it's really put a damper on my mood. Unfortunately. I think we have about one more week without sun. I'm trying really hard to get back into exercising...such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Trista! I love this! How fun. Seriously though math nerds, 31 love affair, and office supplies. We're meant to be ;) haha have a lovely week dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dreary January is getting me down but learning more about you made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #4 - yes! I saw your planner post; I use Plum Paper but am equally enamored with my planner. Today is the first day of sun after too many gloomy days - I'm so happy that I don't care that it's freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved learning more about you - especially that you work in the finance industry - that's what i work in as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a teacher who loves school supplies! Do you use Flair pens ever? They're my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are Flair pens?? They sound like something I need asap!

      Delete
  12. I'm obsessed with school supplies. I used to be a teacher, so that was right up my alley!
    Gilmore Girls. The ultimate girls' show, right?!?!?
    I go to a small church too, and can't imagine being party of a "modern" church with "modern" songs! I love our old time hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to 4, 5, 7, and 8!!! Do you do Kindle Unlimited? Also, I'm an attorney but work in-house, and it's so much better than firm work. One of my best friends is a CPA.

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not done kindle unlimited but totally need to! Is it worth it?!

      Delete
  14. I agree - there's nothing better than new pencils and new office supplies! I need to replace all of our art supplies, but it might be pointless with a three year old using them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a grand idea!!! Loved learning a little more about your sweet self and I think I'll do a post like this in the future. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing! I can't believe you manage a farm, a family and a full time job! You are a super lady!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...