Friday, January 20

hello friday, hello sunshine


Happy Friday, Friends!

I know I've been a little more out of the blogosphere than usual this week, but life happened and at the end of every day this week, sleep trumped all. Speaking of Trump, I ended up taking a vacation day today and am watching The Inauguration as I write this. Let's Make America Great Again! Now, on to my favorites for the week.

The sun has returned. I was driving home from the office and I felt this strange warmth coming through my driver's side window, and I even felt the need to put on sunglasses. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing the sun! I can handle cold, but I need the sun to shine. And it feels like it's been days upon days since it has.

As I write this, I am listening to the sound of my new washer and I've never felt more giddy over an appliance. Ours died early in the week and we quickly learned that our family is not very good at going without one. I was so happy that Lowe's could deliver it today. That's why I'm home using my vacation to do laundry. I'm having entirely too much fun, seriously.



I finally finished Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. For me, it was really a slow starter. I almost gave up, but it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what on earth happened at that barbeque. It was a very good read, but it's not on my favorites list. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of alternating characters. Maybe it's just something I'm not used to.

Last weekend, the boys and I had the best time bowling with friends. We do not make nearly enough time to do things like this, and it's always such a blessing when we do. I am so thankful for this lovely lady. She is truly an example and an inspiration.


In case you missed it, on Tuesday I shared 10 Random Facts About Me. I love those kinds of posts. It's always fun sharing more about who I am and I love reading more about who you are. If you're new here or it's been awhile, you should totally check it out and let me know something about you!

Well, I'm off to do tons of laundry and clean the house while the children are still at school. I'm going to try and sneak in some NCIS and Scorpion episodes too.

Have a fabulous week, Lovelies!

Linking up with April| Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, Karli | Oh Hey Friday, and Katie | High Five for Friday

~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your 10 facts! We have so much in common & I love to connect with other bloggers like that:) We've been engrossed in the inauguration day activities over here too & I have been amazed at all the traditions! I'm a sucker for that:) Enjoy that sunshine & have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday, Inauguration Day, and vacation day for you! My girls and I are so enjoying all the historic goodness of the day, glad you are too! Hooray for your new washer, sunshine, and a fun time with friends! Such a happy post! :) Hope your upcoming weekend is a lovely one! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved reading your 10 facts! Love that cute picture of your smiling face. We have not seen the sunshine in days so I cozied up today and watch the Inauguration all day too, LOL! I hope you have a spectacular weekend sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for vacation days and special occasions! Also I'm happy for you but also jealous! I want that washer! When we bought our house it came with a brand new washer which is amazing but it's front loading and I'm definitely a top loading gal. Can't win them all I guess ha. Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy all the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new appliances! My dishwasher makes doing dishes almost bearable! Yay for sunshine- haven't seen it here in TX for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new washer!!! Does that mean we are officially adults now. Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you're an adult when appliances make you happy! I totally understand that one. :) Glad to hear your opinion on Truly, Madly, Guilty...I was debating on whether to read that one. I haven't heard the best reviews, especially in comparison to her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That washer is gorgeous!! And yes sleep trumps all :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you're officially adult when you get excited about a new washing machine...LOL
    Sorry you had to use a vacation day to get it, but glad you made the most of it by catching up on some of your favorite shows. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in from the link up. It's funny ho things change as we grow up -- my favorite gifts this year: a new fridge and dishwasher. Our last one was so very loud I dreaded using it. Enjoy your new washer!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to hear how you like the washer--I don't like the one I have now and I don't like the one at work (nanny) so I'm open to suggestions! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing what some sunshine can do for the soul-especially during the icky winter months?! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't a fan of Truly, Madly Guilty either, but same as you, I was reading on to find out what happened at that BBQ!! I love bowling!! What fun! And your new washer looks awesome! Enjoy....it's the little things, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also got ridiculously excited when we got a new washer in our apartment. Who would have thought I would get so excited about laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello beautiful is what I say!!!! Ahhh new appliances make me so happy, lol. Send me some vitamin D girl and have the best cozy and sweet weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I need the sun too and I'm thankful when it's out! Have a great weekend :-)

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new washer is so pretty! And yay for the return of sunshine, it makes such a huge difference. Have a fabulous weekend gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh new appliances fun stuff....are we officially old by saying that? I hope last week and this week were/are good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty sky!! We got a new washer last August, and it was so fun learning all of the ins and outs of it!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...