Friday, January 13

fridays are my favorite


Happy Friday, Friends! I hope you have had a fabulous week! My week has been a little on the chaotic side. It's my busiest week of the month at work, and then I missed Monday because of a migraine. I can't imagine it had anything to do with the crazy weather here in Kentucky... I mean it was close to single digits at the beginning of the week and then we broke 70 on Thursday. In reality, only God can do that and that in itself makes it pretty cool (aside from the headaches, of course).

Since it's really Thursday night, and I'm once again coveting the feel of climbing into the cool of the sheets in my bed, I'm going to share a few highlights from the week and go do just that. By the way, does anyone else absolutely love that feeling?

Last Saturday, I did something I haven't done in ages. I laced up some roller skates and took off. I was terrified of falling and breaking something, but I was pleasantly surprised how quickly it came back to me. It was Little J's first time and it was NOT pretty. He was so stubborn, and he refused to listen to me when I tried to coach him on how to keep upright. He fell no less than 100 times. After about half an hour of constant falling, he finally managed to stay up some. I was thankful when that birthday party came to end, I did not want to have to make a special trip to the ER!



I am absolutely LOVING my new Thirty-One bag. I received tons of compliments on it the first day I toted it to work. I love how it gives me so much more room than the bag I was carrying previously. This girl likes her space, and it's a must that everything be organized.


Oh, I also received these beauties this week. Aren't they gorgeous? I received these as a work anniversary award. I could have picked something else, of course, but who could pass up Michael Kors earrings?!


I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your sweet comments on my last post. In case you missed it, I shared how I thought my eulogy might read if I kept up my current cycle of imbalance. I know that I'm too hard on myself, but if I can use that as a catalyst for improved change, isn't it worth it? I guess only time will tell.


One of the reasons I am plum wore out on this Thursday night is because I cooked a real meal. One where I had to chop and mince and saute things. I don't usually choose week nights to cook like that, but I was anxious to try our first Hello Fresh meal! A friend of mine shared Hello Fresh with me a couple of weeks ago and this is our first week to receive meals. I made the Beefy Taco Casserole and am sad to say it wasn't a winner. I didn't love it, and the boys definitely didn't love it. The casserole came with a salad too, and I'm pretty sure that was my husband's favorite part. Here's to hoping the next one hits it out of the park!


Well, I think that about wraps up the week for me. I am looking so forward to the semi-quiet weekend we've got planned. I need to get caught up on NCIS, Scorpion, and watch more episodes of The Crown. Oh, and I started a new book this week - Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. It's kind of off to a slow start, but I'm hoping it gets better.

Happy Weekend!!

Linking up with Christina | Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, Karli | Oh Hey Friday, and Katie | High Five for Friday

~Trista~

Don't miss a post! Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, Email Subscribe.

20 comments:

  1. Gotta love free jewelry! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up woman....a meal where you had to chop and sauté things, ha ha, looks Delish!!!! LOVE the color and shape of your ThirtyOne Bag!!! Sorry it was a rough week, I hope you can get some down time this weekend and relax pretty lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of your new bag - it's so pretty! Ok that taco casserole was worth the work because it looks delicious!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 31 bag. It is so cute. I love the size, color, shape, everything. THat casserole looks delish. Also, YES to a laid back weekend. I need to start The Crown. This might be the perfect weekend to do that! Have a great Friday and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried Blue Apron and my husband wasn't a fan of the meals, nor the fact that there wasn't a lot of food (even though we chose the family option).

    Happy Friday! Stopping over from the link up - hope you can hop by my blog as well! http://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2017/01/friday-favorites-64/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait wait, 31 does leather handbags now??? How have I missed this? I love that color and shape. Too bad the first Hello Fresh meal didn't work out. We tried Blue Apron last year and it was pretty fussy food, and though Hello Fresh would be more up our alley. So curious to hear what you think of the next meal. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a total bummer about your dinner. My friend tried Blue Apron and liked it and sent me the opportunity to try it, but I passed. Too much of a control freak to have my dinner sent to me. I always tell my husband I can't imagine just coming home and eating whatever is set in front of him (me)...I have to eat what my mood dictates. #complicatedorder LOL. Enjoy your weekend and catching up on your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! have a nice weekend :)

    Kisses,
    Tijana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! I can see why you get a lot of compliments on that bag, love the color! And you're right, who can pass up a pair of Michael earrings. Have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skating sounds so fun! That bag is really cute. Thirty One seems to have lots of new and different products now. Have a great and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that bag, it is gorgeous and such a fun color! I don't think I have seen a pair of rollerskates like that in years! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying out Hello Fresh next week. Not excited now! Eeeek! I guess it is all hit or miss, right? Way to go on skating. I could never ever do it, just not coordinated and also deathly afraid of breaking a bone LOL! I'm a wuss. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is beautiful! I love the color, reminds me of spring. I'm rocking a royal blue bag now and the bright color just brings a smile to my face

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new purse is darling, and those earring, oh my!! Darling! We tried one of those dinner boxes (thanks to some friends) and if I (and the kids) weren't so picky they'd be great. haha! ;) My husband loved both meals, I thought they were just ok...but, again, I'm super picky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, roller skating? I was just talking with friends about this and how we grew up with roller rinks and now there's none in the area! Congrats on the work award. Beautiful earrings! Enjoy your semi-quiet weekend. I'm curious what your thoughts are on Truly, Madly, Guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that bag!! It looks like the perfect size, too! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl seriously loving on that bag and those diamond earrings!! Lucky lady! And I haven't been roller skating in YEARS! Hope it was fun! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there!
    I was visiting from friday faves linkup and saw you're from KY! Me too!!!!

    Love your green tote and MK earrings! Following now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are my kind of girl. A colorful bag and pretty earrings...can we please be friends? :) I have rollerskated in forever and I think I would easier run into a wall. glad you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never learned how to rollerskate! Can you believe it? I tried again maybe 7 years ago the last time.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...