Friday, December 2

pull up a seat, let's chat


 Tennessee Smoky Mountains - October 2016
#prayforthesmokies

I am so very happy to see Friday come! It has been one of those crazy busy weeks where I'm pretty sure I forgot to even pee a couple of times. Ever have those weeks? I so hope I'm not the only one.

First and foremost, I need to talk about Gilmore Girls... in detail. So, I'll save that for last so you can read what else has been going on without the spoiler. I'll let you know when I circle back to Gilmore Girls so you can stop reading if you have yet to finish A Year in the Life.

Opinion time. We decorated our Christmas Tree twice this past weekend. Once on Saturday and then again on Sunday. Let me explain... We needed a new tree, so Little J and I stopped at Walmart on Saturday to pick one up. We went with a simple, 7 foot tree with multi-colored lights. We were nearing the end of hanging all the ornaments when my husband kindly asked if I had intended to purchase a tree with multi-colored lights. I paused and thought for a moment about our tree that we've had over the last nine years and realized, no I hadn't. I wanted white lights. We tried to let it go. We tried to accept the tree, but I woke up Sunday morning thinking I cannot look at this tree for another four weeks. The multi-colored lights just didn't light up the room like the white lights do. So, before church, I took off all the ornaments, packed the outcast tree back in its box and returned it to the store. By Sunday evening, we were all so very happy with our simple, 7 foot white lights tree. The white lights are just so much brighter! Be honest, which do you like better?


A funny for you. I received the December newsletter from Little L's preschool/daycare this week. On the front page there was a section titled "We asked our 2 year old class what they wanted for Christmas and here's what they said." Every two year old on the list named a toy or candy or something fun... except mine. What did my child ask for? A jacket. For all the world to see - okay just parents and preschool personnel, but still, he wants a jacket. I promise you he has one. As a matter of fact, he has four!

Request for assistance. Little J came home earlier in the week talking all about the Elf on the Shelf that his class has at school. He talked about how you can't touch it or it loses it's magic, how it reports back to Santa, how it is always getting into mischief - the fun kind, etc. And then finally, he asked when the Elf was going to come to his house because it was at his friends'... I didn't really respond, only distracted him with something else to buy myself some time. Ugh. Am I going to have to give in and start Elf on the Shelf? Do I really have time to come up with all these crazy ideas and actually remember to move him? What is this all about anyway? 

Well, I caved. And then embarked on a three day long search for an Elf on the Shelf. I couldn't just order him because I needed to start this on December 1st! Three days and five stores later, I found one. Every store was sold out. I need to say here, that it's really not good business to have to say "oh, our online inventory doesn't always update promptly. It can run two to three days behind." I promise you I heard that three times. Not good business. Not good business at all. Believe it or not, I had given up. I went to pick up Little L after a long day of searching and mentioned to one of the teacher's why I was running late and low and behold she says... "oh, the gift shop across the road has them. I just saw them today." A tiny little gift shop made Elf on the Shelf a possibility in our household. 

So, how did it go? Little J was ecstatic and Little L was like, well that's a nice doll. I placed him in the deer horns hanging in their bedroom with the book underneath. I told them he just appeared, it was December 1st after all. And so it begins... Please help me. Point me in the right direction. How do I do this? Share your wisdom! By the way, they named him Jack.


I bought a new dress. I've got a hot date with the hubby this weekend, and I actually get to dress up a bit. For the occasion, I wanted a simple but classy dress - not too Christmasy but definitely in the holiday spirit. To my surprise, I hit the jackpot! I never find a dress on the first trip, on my lunch hour, and snag a pair of shoes to boot! I tried on four different dresses and grabbed this one because I liked the blush/vintage rose color. I thought it would be the least flattering but still thought I'd give it a try. I was shocked, it turned out to be the most flattering! Even more, I found these Bandolino Supermodel Peeptoe Pumps in burgundy on the clearance table. Cha ching! Make sure you're following my Instagram to see how it looks this weekend when I get to put the two together!

https://cdnc.lystit.com/photos/lordandtaylor/0102-25006161-Burgundy-c8447a58-.jpegChris McLaughlin Lace and Sequin Fit and Flare Dress


Win an Erin Condren LifePlanner. Seriously. Just head over here to see my review and enter the giveaway. I already picked the design, Full Bloom, and the layout, vertical. Would love for you to enter and would be grateful if you could share it with your friends!

http://theclassychaos.blogspot.com/2016/11/erin-condren-lifeplanner-review-and.html

I had to feed 18 mouths. Literally. I've shared before that we live on a farm, but did I mention we have cattle? My hubby is weaning these big fellas off their mamas and they're in the barn lot. They expect to eat every day, can you believe that? Well, a couple of nights this week, my hubby didn't get home in time to do the feeding so it was up to me and the boys...



Gilmore Girls. ---Spoiler Alert--- Stop reading now if you do not want to know anything in regard to how A Year in the Life panned out. Have a wonderful weekend!! 


Okay. So, Gilmore Girls came out on Friday and it was basically the first thing I did when I woke up. I laughed and I cried in the first episode. It was so good to hear their banter. It truly took me back to my college years when a couple of friends of mine and I would hunker down in the basement of our dorm and watch the newest episode. It was nostalgic, best reuniting feeling ever. It took me until Saturday night to get through all four episodes. 

A couple of things I could have done without were the seemingly extra lengthy theatrical performances. Did anyone else think "why are we wasting so much valuable time on this?" I couldn't have been more pleased with the way Luke and Lorelai ended. I loved their monologues at the end and the fact that they married the way they did, it was perfect. I was more Team Logan before I watched the episodes, but I definitely ended Team Jess - if he would just cut his hair! 

Pregnant, really? I didn't see it coming. I mean, I figured there wouldn't be any dramatic love story by the time we rolled into Summer, but I didn't expect that. In my opinion, we basically ended right where we started. Rory and Logan are Lorelai and Christopher, and Jess is Luke. 

I was slightly disturbed. I'm pretty sure it took me a couple of days to let it go. Do I think there will be more episodes to come? No, do you? Please persuade me to believe that there would be! But, would anyone watch the same story line that's already been played? I would, but would enough people?

Alright, that's it for me. I told myself I wouldn't get all wordy on you, but clearly I lied! Sorry about that.  I'm off to the dentist bright and early and then to get a physical and some blood work drawn. After that, I'm vacationing at the grocery story and in front of the washer and dryer. Have a lovely weekend!!

Linking up with April | Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Amy | Oh Hey Friday
         
~Trista~

17 comments:

  1. Loving the dress you scored for your date this weekend - so elegant and pretty! Yep that's exactly what I thought about the ending - I'm hoping there will be more...maybe another 4 episodes or something - just to close it out for us LOL! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both trees! I grew up with colored lights only--my family won't have it any other way. But now my tree is white lights but my garland is colored lights. I think because I have white twinkly lights on year round somewhere, so it's a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time for the new year! I love Erin! www.supersimpleways.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so so pretty! And I am all about white lights on the tree-multi colored are pretty, but just not for me. If anything I do like to add red and green lights! But the white are so bright and pretty, I think you made the right call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your dress!! It is so very pretty!! Seeing as I have a pink tree, it has pink lights on it. haha But I do have colored lights up around my little Christmas world. haha I like all lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The never-ending battle each year between my husband and I is whether or not to have colored or white lights on the tree. I love the colored lights outside, but prefer soft white lights on the tree inside. I need to get on the Gilmore Girls train, I feel like the only one who never watched the show and need to catch up <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both lights! We've always done the colored old-fashioned big bulbs, so that's a tradition for me, but they both look beautiful. Also, LOVE that dress. And, yes to your GG review. I was so annoyed with the long theater performance. I felt like that was a cruel joke and waste of time. I was also Team Logan beforehand too. I feel like they've made it too much like Rory is following in her Mom's footsteps (Christopher/Logan, Luke/Jess). Hoping for more, and this time with less theater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story about Elf on the Shelf...it's good to know that is probably coming in my future...so I guess I'll start searching for one now! Also, love your Christmas tree lights and that is too funny about your son requesting a jacket! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white lights! My husband is stuck on having color lights and I'm not a fan. I'm insisting on a tree that can do both for next year! Kids are so funny -- my son said he was Thankful for Minecraft toys... which I didn't really know he was into? Made me lol. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely prefer the white lights! Your tree looks so good!! What a pain to decorate and then redecorate though. Have an amazing weekend, Trista!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was totally worth it. The white lights put off so much light, we can leave the lamp off and it's so cozy! Hope you had an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  11. I love the dress you grabbed. I grew up on colored lights but I enjoy white lights too. I felt the same way about Gilmore Girls. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few years ago I did just the opposite on the lights. I thought I had bought a tree with colored lights but had white instead. However I didn't decorate it but boxed it up and exchanged it for colored lights. ☺️
    --buy that boy a jacket! 😆
    I love your new dress and shoes. You definitely nailed it.
    I have never watched Gilmore Girls but I'd like to get started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get on the Gilmore Girls train!! It's my all time favorite. It dethroned The Torkelsons. Haha. :)

      Delete
  13. All those cows look so cute!

    And I still don't really understand what elf on the shelf is all about.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is so pretty! We have Sean's work party this Friday and I still have no clue what I'm going to wear. And I have never watched GG, but I may have to change that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made the right call on the tree😀. I oh so wish I had littles to do Elf on the Shelf, next year just go to Pinterest...tons of ideas. Now, for Gilmore Girls. As much as I hate to say it we just didn't love any of the episodes. I was really disappointed with whole Logan/Rory story line. Anyway, it breaks my heart that it wasn't all that for us. My husband thinks the whole pregnancy thing is leaving it open for more episodes. I guess time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...