Monday, November 21

weekending: fresh flowers, big bucks, and trilogy trouble

Happy Monday, Lovelies! I hope your weekends were everything you had hoped they would be! I am sitting here wondering where it went exactly because it definitely flew by. Let's see...

 

I had a supervisor once who always bought herself fresh flowers and kept them in her office. I've gotten into the habit of picking some up every couple of weeks when I go to the store. I keep them on the kitchen table at home, and I absolutely love them. I find them inspiring and empowering, like her.

I took a vacay day on Friday and enjoyed a "Trista-Day." I went to the grocery store by myself and watched television without any interruptions. Can anyone else relate to how groundbreaking that is? Oh, and I had lots of chocolate and tried to get reacquainted with the blogosphere. By the way, the weather was a crazy 80 degrees - beautiful but definitely unusually warm for middle of November in Kentucky.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/dd/37/d1/dd37d152dfbfb5833017721958ca4b16.jpg 

Speaking of that especially warm weather... I'm pretty sure that was the catalyst for the migraine I awoke with on Saturday. Ugh. The temps and atmospheric pressure did a 180 during the night and my pressures never respond well to drastic changes like that. I was down for the count until at least mid-afternoon.

Just in time to see the hunters roll in with this 8 point buck! Little J really wanted to go even though it was getting lots colder and it was raining buckets. Hubby did the actual shooting but Little J was along for the ride and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Please do ignore how terrible I look... Remember, I was recovering from a migraine!


On Saturday evening everyone else in the family crashed. I had slept most of the morning, so I ended up staying up past my bedtime watching Divergent. Now, I've read Divergent and Insurgent, but not Allegiant. It's been so long since I read the first two that the movie was basically new to me. And now I'm torn. Should I just go ahead and read Allegiant or read the first two again so that I can go into the third with the proper background? Maybe I should skip it altogether like I did the first time - all the reviews I read said readers would be disappointed if they were fans of Tris and Tobias's romance? Please opine!

Divergent Trilogy (3 Book Series) by  Veronica Roth

Sunday was cold. I was walking into church when I realized it was time to break out the winter coat and tights. I used to love the colder weather... But this year seems different. I think I've aged!

As a side note, I went a little modern and created an Instagram account for the blog:  theclassychaosblog Would love it if you could head over and follow me. I will totally follow you back! It's a little bare at the moment, but I have all intentions of changing that!

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana | Weekending

~Trista

13 comments:

  1. I had a bad migraine too--I'm convinced it was the crazy weather as well! It was in the 70s last week and today it will be the 50s. I love the idea of getting fresh flowers. They really do make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need to implement a Biana-day and do exactly what you did with your day off!! that sounds amazing! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you on the migraine. I was there too - and they say chocolate makes them worse. Which I totally ignore because I am so not giving up my chocolate. Haha!
    L o v e the idea of buying yourself flowers...I need to do that!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you woke up with a bad headache, but glad you're feeling better. And YES to fresh flowers! I need to implement that as well <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh flowers!! They make everything better. I too have been having headaches and I blame it on the weather constantly changing. Hot one day and then freezing. I wish the weather would make up its mind. It would totally help dressing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree, I'm not a huge fan of cold weather anymore! The kids keep wanting to go outside so I guess I'm going to have to toughen up! I need to get some flowers...never think of it until I see them at someone's home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just followed you on IG! Love the flowers, that is such a good idea. Also, I think you look cute in the deer pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the first two Divergent books, but hated the last one! My opinion would be to skip it altogether! I hope you're feeling back to 100% today! :)

    www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I needed to hear! I now need to know why you hated it since everyone seems to have and what happened. Spoilers please!! And I am feeling better today, thank you!

      Delete
  9. Fresh flowers always make a huge difference :) I'm really sorry you had such a bad headache, but I'm glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you believe I spent the first 35 years of my life not liking fresh flowers? I always thought they were waste of money and cliche. Then a friend got me some for my birthday and I loved how they made me happy every time I walked into my kitchen. Now I pick up a bouquet at Trader Joe's frequently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way!! These were the $10 ones but I usually get the $5. And they last for a couple of weeks believe it or not! Totally worth it. :)

      Delete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...