Friday, November 18

these five things: friday favorites

Oh Friday, how I love thee! I am so incredibly stoked to see you this week. Even more so than usual since I'm spending the day at home... ALONE. It's a toss up between binge watching TV and stuffing my face full of chocolate or being responsible and getting a head start on things like cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. Which would you choose?!

As for the week in review, here are a few of my favorites.

ONE
This turkey...


I am incredibly proud of our family turkey project for Little J's class. We were given a drawn turkey that we had to cut out and then decorate with whatever we liked. We used some leaves and petals from an old artificial bouquet that I had, seeds from a gourd that Little J had recently destroyed, snippets of a camo paper napkin, and then part of the wrapper from a piece of Babybel cheese. Does this not look awesome??? I think kindergarten is bringing out the creative in me...

TWO
This book...

https://theclassychaos.blogspot.com/2016/11/die-young-with-me-memoir.html
 
I shared my thoughts on Die Young with Me earlier this week. I love that it reads like fiction but yet it's actually a biography. It's humbling and incredibly inspiring. If you enjoyed John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, this just may be up your alley. 

THREE
These memes...

    

I'm sure you've seen the tons of memes regarding the election and Joe Biden that are circulating the web this week, so these I'm sure come as no surprise to you. BUT, these are two that really stuck with me. The first because there is so much truth to that statement. I'll refrain from any soapbox rants at the moment because it's Friday. The second because it literally made me laugh out loud for a solid minute. When I shared it with the hubby, he didn't seem to think it was all that funny, and that just made me laugh even harder. 

FOUR
This sale...

http://shop.pe/Krylo
   
The Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is my favorite, and I do some serious stocking up when this sale comes around. The sale is only good for this weekend. Plus, when you spend at least $40, the shipping is free!

FIVE
This change...

    

Until this past weekend, it had been almost a year since my last post. So, this week I've been doing a little updating. One of the first things I noticed that needed changed was my welcome photo. I was a brunette! That is no longer the case, as I have returned to my blonde ways... Which do you like better? I promise you won't hurt my feelings. I seriously can't decide from one day to the next. Oh, and the fact that the outfits are practically identical was purely incidental!

Well, I so hope you each have had a fabulous week! Happy Friday! 
 
Linking up with April | Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Amy | Oh Hey Friday

~Trista~

11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Both look good on you, but I like the blonde better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The hubby prefers the blonde so that was the motivation in going back. And I have to admit, he may be right on this one! :)

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks amazing! So glad to have you back in the bloggy world, and those Obama and Biden memes are winning all the prizes this week! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blonde is best but you look amazing in any color.

    LOL. Love the memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love the turkey. Nice job! Also, totally go with the binge-watching. When else do you have time for that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great!! Also, the Obama/Biden memes have me laughing on-stop. Have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogging! Adore your hair - we all need an update every now and then!

    Ann
    www.StepInsideMyCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on coming back! Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turkey is so cute!!! Also, I love both pictures, but I vote for the second!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...