Monday, November 2

this weekend was all about me



Hey there, Lovelies. Does anyone else feel as though the weekend flew by? I suppose it always does. I even had an extra day this go around and it still seemed to be over in the blink of an eye. 

Ah well, I actually sort of love Mondays. I enjoy smiling in the morning and greeting my co-workers with a chipper voice. They all think I'm nuts. But really, even though I don't always feel it, every day is truly a gift from God and therefore should be treated as such. So, I attempt to live out that perspective each day. Some days are easier than others, that's for sure.

Anyhoo, since it is Sunday night as I write this post and we gained an hour on the clock, I will make my weekend wrap-up short and sweet. I've been ready for bed since about 7:00 pm. 

Friday, I enjoyed the most lovely Trista-Day. I took vacation and stayed home, by myself. My children went to school and my husband to work. Even more wonderful, my husband took the kids to school so I didn't even have to get dressed. It was so relaxing. I spent the day doing laundry, cleaning, making dinner - all those home things that you wouldn't expect to do on your vacation. But the best part of that was my house stayed clean and the laundry basket empty for a brief few hours, and it was bliss.

Saturday, I logged a few more hours of me-time by getting my hair highlighted and trimmed. I splurged on Tim Horton's afterwards and enjoyed a steaming cup of hot chocolate, a donut, and a toasted bagel. Then, I made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up two chalkboards for the boys' photo session. I found these for under $8 each.

Board Dudes Magnetic Chalk Board

I decided to write their first names along with their age on each one. I had never done calligraphy before, but thanks to this site, I learned on a whim. The boards turned out so good! I went with the black and red plaid shirts, and they looked plum adorable. Thank you so much for all your suggestions on coordinating and which route to take! I cannot wait for the pictures to come in. Our photographer came to the house and shot pictures in our hay field, on the tractor, in front of the barn... They're going to be great, I'm certain of it. 

That evening I felt the urge to start a new book, so I did some Kindle searching and found The Mentor. This is not my usual genre, but the reviews were so good that I thought I'd give it a try. I'm hooked, completely. 


Sunday was the perfect day, even if the boys were wide awake before 6:00 am as a result of the time change. I am happy to report that my husband did in fact read the blog! He and Little J snuck off on Saturday while I was at my hair appointment and picked up my new Fitbit!!!! He went with the Charge HR, and I'm so glad he did. It's not bulky at all like I thought it would be. They chose navy and I love love love it. And the pure joy on Little J's face when he gave it to me... priceless. My heart constricts with love thinking about that moment. 


After church, we had cake twice! Once with my mama and niece and nephew and then with my husband's family. I am one blessed little lady. For real. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the amazing people in my life. 


For reasons unknown, we chose Sunday to be the day that Little L would give up the bottle. I have really been dreading this day because I know it's been long overdue. I am so so pleased to report that he did absolutely awesome. I am so proud of him. He cried for it some but never uncontrollably or to a point where he was inconsolable. Proud mommy moment right here.

This Sunday also marked four weeks since I started using Rodan+Fields Unblemish products. Please do not judge my no make-up faces below, but do judge as to whether or not you think it's making a difference. It is drying my face a bit, but I think I can manage that. What I can't manage is shelling out the dollars for something that doesn't make a significant difference. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but you tell me... is it worth it?!


Now, speaking of that Fitbit... I need some help. Why is there a history of calories burned? And tons of them?? Makes no sense to me and I'm not sure how to clear the history. Any Fitbit gurus out there that can help a girl out? Everything else is starting afresh.


I didn't exactly promise this would be short and sweet, but I did expect that it would be. Oops. I started chatting and couldn't stop. 

Hope you have an amazing Monday and a fabulous week!

Linking up with Biana | B Loved Boston, Meg | Life of Meg, and Ashley | A Cute Angle.

~Trista~

15 comments:

  1. sounds like this is the weekend you needed! good for you for getting some r&r. i swear getting my hair done is my fave thing ever. as for the r&f, i find many of the ingredients to be the same thing you can get in any drugstore. i don't think all of them are worth the hype for the price. i have been involved with beauty since i was 3 and have been hired as a consultant on beauty products occasionally to help develop them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no insight regarding the Fitbit, but it was so sweet of your husband to get it for you. It looks like a great weekend, and I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "me" day sounds wonderful! So happy you were able to enjoy the weekend with an extra hour gained! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you took some time to relax and reboot. That's definitely needed, and I'm sure it felt so good. Can't wait to see how the pictures turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend! Thanks for linking up today.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to learn calligraphy!! Gonna have to check out that site
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great "me weekend"! You fit bit looks amazing, I hear such great things about it! I love the chalkboard ideas! I don't even think I could do calligraphy even with that website.

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the weekends always seem to fly by but this one did especially! I think it was just because it was so full of stuff to do because of halloween! I enjoyed reading about your "me" weekend I need to take one of these!

    Stopping by from Amy's giveaway getting acquainted with everyone that participated!

    Hayley - smartypantsfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to have a "me" day! I think I need one of those ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!!! Glad you got spoiled!!! And love the Trista day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Trista day sounds incredible, glad you were able to enjoy one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The history of calories burned is what your body uses daily to survive. It is saying that is what you burn daily just "being" - LOL! I LOVE my fitbit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me days are so important! Glad you enjoyed it and had a great birthday! I love my Fitbit even though I haven't worn it in a while (oops!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for cake twice, could it be like that every day? And on the complete opposite, yay for a new FitBit <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...