Monday, November 30

the prodigal blogger returns

Hey Friends! I hope each of you are well and have had amazing Novembers! 

I cannot believe it has been three weeks since my last post. I shared my struggle with balance that day and then disappeared from the blogosphere. It wasn't intentional, it just happened. In all seriousness, I had been going full force in regards to the blog and realized I needed to step away for a bit. What I mostly sacrificed was sleep and lunch breaks - life got busy, lunch breaks didn't happen, and sleep won out every night. I hope that you understand the need for some temporary distance and that you still remember this here lady juggling a whole lot of chaos with a little bit of class!

So, let's chat about some of the highlights from the last three weeks. It's been a whirlwind, that's for sure.

Christmas Decorations are up and still intact - for the moment anyways. It is our tradition to decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. Little J helped put ornaments on the tree this year and keep Little L out of the tree. You can see the temptation all over Little L's face when he looks at the tree, but he's doing good at listening to "no" and resisting the urge. It's really quite adorable. And Little J is quite protective of our masterpiece - that's a whole bunch of cuteness too. 

 
 Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

My favorite wreath. I received this when my grandmother passed several years ago.

 The Nativity Calendar on the left, I ordered from Amazon last year. Little J loved it. My sister-in-law picked up the snowman a couple of weeks ago. We're ready to start the countdown!

New NCIS and Scorpion episodes have all been watched. *Spoiler Alert* I'm really bummed for Bishop and Jake. I didn't really see his affair coming. I suppose I should have. I'm really curious where the authors are going to take this new development. And I'm growing a tad impatient when it comes to Walter and Paige's relationship on Scorpion. But I guess the sooner it plays out, the sooner the anticipation of it actually happening disappears too. 

I've been doing some reading. I cannot recall who mentioned the author, but I was intrigued instantly and have read two of her books over the last couple of weeks. The author is Tracey Garvis Graves, and so far I have read On the Island and Covet. I really enjoy her style of writing, alternating character points of view and only occasionally using language I would never use.


I am so happy I quit R+F. I know this is not what you usually hear, but I am so glad to have my face back. I tried the Unblemish line for about 6 weeks and was not blown away by the results. Are you? I definitely should not have used the Spot Fading Toner. My face is a whole shade lighter and I've had to change my make-up color because my normal was too dark. My face turned dry and felt tight. Had it been a cure all for the acne and blackheads, I may have felt differently. But it just wasn't for me. I'm sure it was simply the wrong product for me, and maybe I'll try one of the other lines sometime in the future. I went back to using my favorite - Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser Mousse and started using Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser. I really like the Biore cleanser. Do you struggle with blackheads? If so, what do you use?


I need your opinion. Car rides are becoming a bit rough. Little L is around 28 pounds and is almost 15 months old. He is still rear facing. When did you turn your little ones around so that they were forward facing? I'm wondering if that would make all the difference in the world. He seriously fusses almost the entire time of most all car rides. I'm torn. Would love your advice.

This is the parade that never ends... My friend and I decided to be a little adventurous and pack up our combined four children and attend the annual Christmas Parade. Ranging from age 15 months to 6 years, we knew our hands would be completely full. But it would be totally worth it to see the smiles on their faces when the floats would come by and the candy would fly. And they did have a great time, they did. But what my friend and I will most likely remember is the spilled hot chocolate fiasco, the roller coaster of emotions - from "this is the best parade ever" to "I never want to go to a parade again", the never ending line of floats - over 2 hours, and the time that my friend's 3 year old picked up two half-smoked cigarettes that were still burning - shame on you whomever you are for dropping your cigs on the ground still lit around hundreds of children. I don't believe we were ever more glad for the parade to end, to find our cars, and make our way home. 

What do you use to study your Bible? I need some help again. Are there any really good reading plans out there that help you read through your Bible? I'm open to anything, really. I need to get back into reading His Word daily and it's so hard for me to make the time. I always do better if I have a schedule of some sort to follow and keep me on track. Would love to hear any recommendations.

My kid discovered the How to Train Your Dragon movies. We happened to catch the first one on television the other day and have watched it countless times since. He used some of his birthday money and purchased How to Train Your Dragon 2. I have to admit, they were both great and even I didn't mind watching them over and over again. 

How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)How to Train Your Dragon 2 [Blu-ray]

Anyone else addicted to Hallmark? I love curling up on the couch, covering up with a blanket, and watching a good Hallmark Christmas movie. Every man's dream! He would never admit it, but my husband gets roped in too. Hallmark is the one channel where I feel I can watch TV and have the kids in the same room. The movies are clean and so are the commercials. 

Speaking of commercials... I sometimes like the movies that come on ABC Family, the reruns of classics. But I refuse to let my children watch them because of the commercials. Not family friendly at all. Thumbs down, ABC Family.

Absolutely absurd is the bag full of trash I cleaned out of my car one afternoon last week. I seriously never want my car to get that bad ever again. I'm embarrassed. What is all of that? Papers from school, wrappers from snacks, a partially eaten cake! Unacceptable, that's what it is. 


Coolest thing ever. Okay, maybe not ever, but this is really cool. My mother-in-law picked up this Olaf Snowman Kit the other day and Little J cannot wait for a snowfall big enough to make a snowman. Speaking of snow, we did see a few flurries a couple of weeks ago, but that's it. As a matter of fact, our temps have been crazy high for this time of year - breaking mid-sixties and even seventy. The boys have loved it!

http://amzn.to/1NCMy0s

Well, I think that's all I know. I plan to get back to blogging regularly and even have a giveaway in the works that I'm super excited about! I will do my best to get caught up on your latest news, but my Bloglovin' feed shows 279 unread posts, I'm certain I'll miss some. Do forgive me.

Hope you guys have amazing weeks!

Linking up with Biana | B Loved Boston, Meg | Life of Meg, and Ashley | A Cute Angle. 

~Trista~

20 comments:

  1. That is crazy about people smoking and throwing their cigarettes at the parade. I don't know too much about car seats, but my brother is an EMT and he says it is good for children to be rear facing as long as possible. With that said, if heis fussing and you are distracted,that has to count for something too. There is always something to worry about, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back girl!! I can't tell you how many Hallmark movies I've already watched...I just get sucked in and this year Lifetime has them too lol! Sounds like you've been up to a lot and cleaning out your car is always a hard task, but you got it done!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Sounds
    Like you have been more than busy! That Olaf snowman is too cute for words! Congrats on your holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowman is SO cute! I totally think it is necessary to step away from the blog every once in awhile. It's crazy how much time we all put into it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back!! Your tree is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady, good to hear from you! Glad you've taken a bit of a break to just enjoy some time. It is much needed to do that every once in awhile! Let me know about the car seat situation. I've heard keeping them rear facing as long as possible is safest, but honestly I don't know why! Also, what car seat do you have? We need to upgrade ours and we are currently shopping the market. Any advice would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My so was 26 lbs when he turned 1 and we switched him right over to forward facing. I know not recommended but he's also tall and hated the car until we moved him. And now I want to add the how to train your dragon movies to our list, though I wonder if they would scare Noah. He was scared of Monsters Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Glad to see you're back! I was wondering where you had went, I missed reading your posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it feels good to unplug for a couple weeks. No shame in that. That olaf snowman kit is adorable. I bet the kids are looking forward to that.

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see your back! It’s always good to take a break and just really collect yourself again.

    I love your tree, it’s beautiful, We don’t have a large tree yet, we will in a few years. We started watching NCIS, but I found it too confusing so we stopped.

    I need your advice too! Sophie’s about the same weight and we just bought a new one that could be forward facing the graco 4 all in one, but I don’t want to put her forward facing until she’s at least 3 when their bones are fully developed, but she’s already 3 feet tall at least close to it.

    Sorry about the bum parade! AT least you thought you would have fun…

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back!!! and have you tried the She Reads Truth app?? it's pretty good!! and easy to use on your phone or tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great break. I like the bible apps like she reads truth and first five. But my favorite is the Wayfinding bible. There are three different plans in it (flyover, scenic route and detaile, I think) it's like you're going in a journey. And at the beginning of each book they show you where to find Jesus in the New Testament. Love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad we've both rejoined the blogosphere :) Love all your pretty Christmas decorations!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see you around these parts gurlie! Glad you got a much needed break :)

    Loving your Christmas decor, especially that wreath. So pretty!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have be busy! We switched Wyatt when he was about that size and age--it just worked for us. Plus we needed the carseat for Stella. ;) I'm keeping Stella backwards longer just because she's so much smaller, 18 pounds.

    Has the Biore been working? I have small blackheads but I'm terrible about washing my face at night. I just wash with Dial in the shower--ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'll be honest--R+F doesn't make anything that you can't find otc. i am consulted to help create skincare or beauty products occasionally, so that's my two cents. i'm glad if it works for others, but it's a no for me.
    and yay for being decorated. i haven't even started yet--SO unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you are back and posting. Your home looks ready for Christmas. Mine is as well. Great job on the Christmas tree and I love the wreath.

    Hopefully I will post my Christmas decorations this weekend!


    Welcome by. Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy to see you back! First things first, your tree is beautiful. Secondly, I love when technology lets me eat more!!

    We were in the same boat with car seats, Teddy has always hated car rides. We turned him forward facing when he was around 13-14 months. I don't remember exactly, but it was somewhere in there....he still whines though, hopefully Little L likes it better!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...