Friday, November 6

friday has arrived and it's party day

Happy Friday, Lovelies! It's been a beautiful week here in the Bluegrass state. God blessed us with lots of sunshine and highs in the 70s all week. Today it's a little rainy, but I'm actually hoping the rain brings back some of those cooler temps. As much as we enjoyed the warmer weather, it feels a little off to me since it's supposed to be November! Now, on to what makes up my Friday Favorites for the week.

|ONE|
Tuesday was Election Day. I had both boys with me when I stopped in to our polling place. I was relieved to see my mother-in-law there when we pulled in because I knew she'd be willing to hang on to Little L while I cast my vote. I want to take my kids with me. I want them to see how important it is to me that I vote. It's our right and our duty. Be informed. And if you choose not to vote, please refrain from complaining about your community, state, or country - because your vote is where you can make a difference. End of soapbox.

  
|TWO|
I finished The Mentor and highly recommend you add it to your reading list. This sort of book is completely out of my comfort zone - chick lit meets murder mystery. But it had such great reviews and was free, so I decided to step outside the box a bit. I couldn't put it down. I literally flew through the book and stayed up entirely too late one night just to finish it. You can borrow it for free with your Kindle if you have Amazon Prime.

http://amzn.to/1MnBVMw 

|THREE|
In case you missed it, I shared the tastiest taco soup recipe on Wednesday. We loved it and will definitely be adding it to our repeat menu. 

http://theclassychaos.blogspot.com/2015/11/easy-peasy-taco-soup.html

|FOUR|
I'm obsessed with my Fitbit. The goal is 10,000 steps per day. On a normal day, I average about 6,000. I'm an accountant, I spend most of my day behind a desk staring at a computer screen. It's become clear to me that I need to get moving! I've already started parking further away from the door, and I'm going to start trying to get up at least once an hour just to take a stroll around the building. 

I did reach the 10,000 goal on Thursday though!! I took a vacation day - I did some shopping in the morning and some major cleaning (with the help of my mother) in the afternoon. About 10 pm, I was jogging in place because I was so close!



|FIVE|
It's a big day in our house today. Little J turns 5 this weekend and today is party day. That's why my Mama came and helped me clean yesterday. I wanted to purge toys, deep clean, etc. We worked really hard and everything looks great. I took another vacation day today just to be a little lazy and party prep. This year is all about Spider-Man. Except for the cupcakes I sent with Little J to school today. I couldn't find Spider-Man cupcake rings at Wal-Mart, so I went with the TMNT. And he was totally okay with that. 


Little J wanted chocolate cupcakes, so I used the Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix and the Pillsbury Fluffy Frost Funfetti Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting. I used the Wilton Teenage Ninja Turtle Cupcake Combo pack for the picks and cupcake rings.

So, that's my week in a nutshell. Little J is so excited about his birthday and I am too. Although, I find it so hard to believe that it has been 5 years already. Time is truly but a vapor. More to come on the birthday bash later!

Hope you each have fabulous weekends!

Oh, and I went all crazy and set up a Pinterest account for the Blog. Please follow me here and I will return the favor! 

Linking up with April | Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Amy | Oh Hey Friday.  

~Trista~

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little man! Oh, and I cannot wait to try making that soup! sounds delicious and easy!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on getting all your steps in - I have a tracker too and I'm always mad at myself when I miss my steps by like 500 i start going in circles around the house to hit it lol! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Happy Birthday to your little guy! So exciting. We voted this week too, and the lady working the table remembered Ben (just five weeks old at the time) from last year. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on getting your steps in. If I don't hit 10K a day, I literally will walk around my house to get all the steps in. It's so funny. Hope your little guy has a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been into the Fitbit thing - but recently I realized I walk SO much during the day (I am a teacher) and realized i want to know how many steps I am truly taking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you - if you don't vote, you shouldn't be able to complain!! Drives me nuts! !I love that you are setting such a great example for your kids too! And I recently got a Nike Fuel to count my steps. I work from home 4 days a week and wow, that was a wake up call! I need to get moving too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Little J! Those cupcakes look so good! I love that the fitbit can motivate you to get those last couple of steps in to reach 10,000. I wonder how many steps a day I take? I might have to look into that!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that the party goes well! It sounds like you have everything all ready to go! Also, congrats on making one of your step goals. It seems like the Fitbit really keeps you on track!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you set up a Pinterest account for your blog-you go girl! Gave you a follow :) I just have a regular Pinterest account and post photos and link them to my blog, what is the difference between doing that and creating a separate account for the blog? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! Add me on fitbit :) you're doing great I'm so glad that it's helping motivating you.

    I really love those cupcakes too :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see bday pics!!!! Happy birthday lil man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you go girl with all your steps, I really need to get one of those FitBits! And I still need to make that soup - it looks DELISH <3

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, hope y'all had a great birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the steps, the fitbit will certainly keep you moving. Hope he had a great birthday, and that soup looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...