Wednesday, November 4

easy peasy taco soup

Hey there, Lovelies. I absolutely have to share this recipe with you. Kelsey at The Peacock Roost posted it a few days ago, and it looked so delicious and seemed so easy that I had to make it. The only person in my family that did not like it was Little J. I think it was just a tad too spicy for him.


Here's what I used:

1 lb of Ground Chuck
1 packet of McCormick Original Taco Seasoning
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
1 can of Ro-tel Mexican Style Tomatoes, Diced, Petite Cut
1 can of Del Monte Tomatoes, Diced, Petite Cut
1 can of Hunts Tomatoes, Diced
1 can of Bush's Great Northern Beans
1 can of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
Garlic Powder
Sugar

Kraft Natural Finely Shredded Cheese, Mild Cheddar
Daisy Sour Cream
Tostitos Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips

Here's what I did:
Brown the ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain the grease. Add in the Taco and Ranch seasonings, one half of a packet at a time.

Transfer the meat to a soup pot. Add all cans of tomatoes without draining. Drain the beans and the corn and then add to soup.

Give the garlic powder a couple of shakes and then add a pinch or two of sugar. 

Heat on the stove over low to medium heat for approximately 1 to 2 hours, stirring often.

How I served it:
I added a couple of dollops of sour cream and a few sprinkles of shredded cheese to my bowl of soup. While eating the soup, I also treated it like a dip for the Tostito chips. Absolutely delicious.

Things to note:
Kelsey's recipe called for stewed tomatoes in a couple of instances where I used diced. I improvised since I couldn't find stewed tomatoes at the store that day. 

When I first put the ingredients all together, I was not convinced it would be soup. It looked more like a thick beef stew. But, as time passed it did morph into a soupy mixture. I was surprised and relieved!


Aside from the yummy goodness, my favorite thing about this recipe was how easy it was. I was able to throw this together one evening after work. We ate a little later than normal but it was totally worth it. The longest part is waiting on the hour or so for it to cook down to soup texture.

I input the soup recipe through my WW Recipe Builder and one serving or one cup is 8 points. The recipe serves 7. 

Hope you love it as much I did. 

Thanks Kelsey!  
 
~Trista~

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love soup and have been patiently waiting for a chilly enough day to make some. Temps are going to be in the 70's and almost 80's here in NJ in the next few days so I think I'll be waiting a little bit longer. This is going on my to make soup though! (Whenever that happens)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely something i need to make. yummy, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, noting this one! I've been making lots of chili lately, and always looking for other things too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soup! This looks so tasty ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm i make a taco soup also but i use ground turkey & i don't do the garlic powder! definitely want to try that out sometime because i think it would really add something yummy to the recipe! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! I can't get enough soup this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never, ever go wrong with Taco Soup!! This looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! Love that we are in "soup" season!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make a very similar taco soup!! It's on the menu for tomorrow night!! yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like many soups but this one reminds me of one from CPK that I love so thanks for sharing the recipe :) Even better that it's so easy to make!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummmm this is one of my favorite soups! I'll have to try this :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious!! This is something I'll have to make this weekend. Looks like something you could make in a crockpot too (with the exception of browning the beef).

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...