Monday, October 26

my weekend of bliss

Happy Monday, Friends! How were your weekends? Mine was great - everything I had hoped it would be!

On Friday evening, we grabbed Papa John's Pizza and mainly just chilled out as a family. The Husband has been doing a little work around the barn, so we hung out there for awhile and watched him work. The Littles love being around the equipment and of course, the dirt. If you look closely, you can see Little J's toy equipment by the rock pile.


Saturday, we got all gussied up for a wedding. Thanks to my mother-in-law, we were able to leave the boys with her and make it a date for us.

 Alyx Dress | Cosmopolitan Heels | Jessica Howard Cardigan

I wore some serious heels (since I wouldn't be chasing or carrying a one year old - I deemed them less of a safety hazard than usual.)


The wedding was beautiful! I've known the bride since she was a little girl. My husband and I worked the church bus route years ago. She came with her friend one day and has been faithful ever since. It blesses my heart to see her all grown up, living for Him, and happily married. Isn't she beautiful?! Congratulations Cortney!


After the yummy reception, we stopped by our local ice cream shoppe and I splurged on some Rocky Road. I haven't had Rocky Road in ages, but someone mentioned it this week at work and I couldn't pass it up. I can promise you it was just as delicious as it looks.


We spent Saturday evening trying to get caught up on NCIS and Scorpion. We weren't very successful and crashed early.

Sunday, the boys actually slept in! I think I logged a full 8 hours and felt like a million bucks. After church, we met family at Cheddar's and enjoyed lunch in honor of my husband's grandfather's birthday. I ate my weight in Chips and Queso and then the New Orleans Pasta. Oh WW, we have got to get back on track Monday...

I am loving the true Fall weather! The trees are so pretty this time of year and it's the kind of temps where we do not need the heat or the air conditioner on. Check out the view on my way into town Saturday morning. I literally stopped in the middle of the road to take this picture.


Lastly, I saw this circulating on my Facebook feed over the weekend. I couldn't help but chuckle. 

Hope you each have a fabulous week!

Linking up with Biana | B Loved Boston, Meg | Life of Meg, and Ashley | A Cute Angle.


~Trista~ 

15 comments:

  1. Love your outfit for the wedding and that ice cream looks amazing! We keep setting plans to catch up on our shows too, but it never happens. I'm not cut out for binge watching tv haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so pretty for the wedding and yay for getting 8 hours of sleep - it really does change what kind of person I am when I sleep longer LOL!!! Hope you have a great start to the week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a tasty weekend.... Think of all the mountains you can move with 8 hours sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Parenthood! Looks like a great weekend though, you look beautiful, always nice to get out and have a date night. And yay for ice cream! we had some as well but at home.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. sleeping in is THE BEST! it does wonders, doesn't it?? you looked lovely at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had fun at the wedding! I am sure it was nice to get out for a date night!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked beautiful!! And the toy tractor!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I like the 'hood cartoon. Very cute. Also, glad you guys got a night out for the wedding. You look so pretty! Glad you had a nice, relaxing one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a weekend of bliss. We all deserve those! Your dress is beautiful and your ice cream looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome weekend, yay for date nights and pizza!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those heels! So glad y'all were able to get out and have an awesome time =) Looks like y'all are getting so major work done around the barn! What are y'all planning on doing with it?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I love that cartoon! It sounds like a wonderful weekend, and you really rocked those heels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty dress you wore for the wedding! Those heels would definitely be more of a hazard on me, I could see myself falling over...a lot lol! And yes to Papa John's! We had that last week too... so good! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your heels! I am the same height as Josh, maybe a smidge taller (don't tell him that though) so when I was younger I never wore heels. Now I don't care and wear them when kid free as well!

    Your picture of the big tractor/machine with the little one by the rock pile is the sweetest thing ever! I love when little ones look up to their dad and mimic what they do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound like a busy weekend, but fun! Love the look for the wedding. When my son was little (now he's 10), he loved big work equipment. Like obsessed with it. It's so cool that your kids are able to watch their dad use the equipment.
    We'd love you to stop by our blog and join our Tuesday Fahsion Party Link Up.
    Betsy
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...