Friday, October 30

happy friday, bring on november



Only two more days until November 1st. For me, it really cannot come soon enough - not because it's my birth day, but because I am seriously finished with all of the Halloween celebrations. 

As a parent who is on the fence about whether to let my children celebrate it to the fullest extent, partially, or absolutely not at all, I am in a completely torn state - having to choose between disappointing my child or caving to conform with the ways of the world. 

Since, I'm behaving as a double minded man on the topic, I really have no right to complain or even express my frustration. So, thanks for letting me vent and my apologies for it as well.

Now, on to more exciting and pleasant things. Like the fact that it's the weekend and Thursday was my Friday - a much needed three day weekend awaits! Let's kick it off with my week in a nutshell.

|ONE|
There is no denying that I have eaten well this week. On Monday, we tried out Kelsey's recipe for Taco Soup. It was amazing, literally amazing. I'll share a recipe post in the days to come since I did deviate a bit from hers.


|TWO|
On Tuesday, it was so cold and rainy. I suppose that's why my friend and I were craving warm bowls of soup from Panera. I splurged on the Tomato Soup and couldn't have been happier with my choice. Bonus, I had a free birthday pastry on my Panera card! So... I also had a warm, gigantic chocolate chip cookie. Yum!


|THREE|
In case you missed it, on Wednesday I shared what I'm currently crushing on. A gorgeous pair of rain boots, some fitness motivation, flawless flats, and a really cool car gadget.

Hunter Women's Original Rubber Boots EUR 37 Redhttp://amzn.to/1OQavkSLucky Brand Emmie Flathttp://amzn.to/1WcOAIP

|FOUR|
We may have not participated in the trick or treating festivities in our neighborhood, but I did cave on preparing a holiday related snack for the party at school. Little J and I settled on these Spooky Boo Brownies. And for the record, he was totally okay with not going trick or treating if it meant he could help make the brownies. 


|FIVE|
I feel like we have lots going on this weekend. That's part of why I am taking a Trista-Day on Friday. Plus, I haven't felt great this week and it's been super busy. I am looking so forward to the extra day at home. Saturday is hair day for me and picture day for the boys. I'm trying to decide if I want them to match or just coordinate. What are your thoughts?


Option 1
Blue and White.
Chaps Button Front Checkered Shirt Boys 4-7  Chaps Cable Sweater Vest Boys 4-7Chaps Basic Chino Pants Boys 4-7Carter's® 2-Piece Plaid Bodysuit and Corduroy Pant Set
Option 2
Black and Red plaid. The plaid bodysuit below is similar in style but off in color. The one we actually have matches the shirt perfectly. 
OshKosh B'gosh® Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Boys 4-7     OshKosh B'gosh® Long Sleeve Plaid Bodysuit
Would it sway your decision if I told you the pictures will be taken outside on the farm? Think fall foliage and a red and white barn. I can't decide. Maybe we can just do both...

Lastly, just a reminder that I'm partnering with a group of awesome ladies to have the best giveaway ever - $165 Paypal cash. Check it out here. Giveaway ends in two days.

I so hope your weekends are fabulous!

Linking up with April | Five on Friday, Erika | Friday Favorites, and Karli | Oh Hey Friday.
 
~Trista~

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day today! I love the red plaids, check out my blog, we just did family pics and my inlaws farm. LOVE how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Trista day and relax! I agree the red plaids would look really great outside, with the colorful foliage. We just had family pictures done outside and deciding on outfits and trying to coordinate as a family of 5 was no small task! And I love my Fitbit-- it's seriously such a great motivator/reminder to get up and move all throughout the day. I got mine with a coupon at Dicks Sporting Goods and I'm sure there will be some good specials through the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was seriously a great day! I relaxed some, cleaned some, splurged some on real Coke and some of J's candy. I think I like the plaid too! I will have to keep an eye on Dick's. Which one do you have? The Flex or the Charge?

      Delete
  3. Your brownies came out so cute!!! That Taco soup looks really good!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of the outfit options! Your boys will look so cute. Enjoy your day off and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ghost brownies are adorable!! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. My advice on pics is to pick outfits that will look best in your home. What would looks best with your decor on a big canvas?? Maybe that will help you decide?? I'm working on our photo outfits right now too. It's hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free birthday treats are definitely the best, especially when they come in cookie form! Those spooky brownies are so adorable, and that's awesome that he wanted to help make them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those ghost brownies! They turned out so great! I have a soft spot for red plaid these days so I love those shirts for your photos and farm photos would look so great in any plaid!

    Have a great weekend and Happy Early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards the red plaid too! Two farmer boys in red/black plaid? How can you top that? And thank you!! Am hoping for a relaxing rest of the weekend. :)

      Delete
  9. Those brownies are too cute! Glad I came across your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were cute! And Little J said they were super yummy! Likewise - I am following you on Bloglovin' now. Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  10. Those ghost brownies are adorable. I am sure that you have now heard that the boots on your wishlist are only $80 at Costco with price matching at Nordstrom! I love both options and I think they will be great with the fall foliage. Have a great weekend.
    -Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those brownies are so adorable, and hurry and grab those Hunter boots while they're on sale. I am torn between the outfits, but I always lean towards not being match-matchy in photos. That being said, that red plaid would be SOOOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a sucker for the navy/blue in pictures. I have a hard time deviating from that haha! I think were doing black/white/red this year but we'll see. Those brownies are so cute...and look delicious! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...