Friday, September 18

happy friday to you, and you, and you...

Happy Friday Lovelies! It has been an absolutely beautiful week in our neck of the woods. Cool, crisp mornings with temps reaching high 70s / low 80s by afternoon. In my opinion, it really cannot get any better than that!

Sleep has been a bit elusive for me this week - I've stayed up entirely too late every night and then one child or the other didn't sleep through. So, in the interest of getting into bed early, this week's Friday Fun will be short and sweet. Without further ado, let's get to it. 

{ONE}
I finished a salad. This is not normal for me, as I almost always leave a majority of the lettuce. My new favorite Panera meal is the Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken. I had it twice this week. The half size portion is only 7 WW Points. Pair it with a bag of Panera Baked Lays and you have an incredibly tasty 10 Point meal.

Doesn't this look yummy?

Believe me, this never happens.

{TWO}
In case you missed it, we celebrated Little L's first birthday last weekend. I am not a creative person, so I am incredibly proud of the fact that I made this birthday banner. Thank you, EasyInvites for the print. I suppose all I did was assemble, but still, I count it a success. 


{THREE}
Brittany at The Lady Lawyer chatted about Podcasts on Wednesday. Am I the only one that has been living under a rock and didn't know what a podcast was? She kindly educated me, and now I'm addicted. I listened to a podcast on mosquitoes since they seem to be my nemesis and then I started Serial. I'm completely hooked. 

    

{FOUR}
I've already mentioned how much I'm loving the cooler temperatures. I have had my heat on in the car every morning this week. And by lunchtime, I'm running the air conditioner! Anyway, my favorite part of this kind of weather is the clothing. In case you missed it, I wore a sweatshirt to the office and managed to make it look classy!  

{FIVE}
A friend of mine shared this on Facebook. It made me laugh out loud because I can totally identify with the statement. We attempt to do a load of laundry everyday in our house, but Saturday is the designated day in which I try to have it all completely washed, dried, folded, and put away before bedtime. The struggle is real.


Well, I hope you each have lovely weekends and stay classy through all the chaos!

~Trista~

Follow along: Bloglovin', Facebook, Google Friend Connect, Email Updates

I'm linking up with April|Five on Friday, Erika|Friday Favorites, and Amy|Oh Hey Friday.

19 comments:

  1. You're going to love the serial podcast - we listened to it in one weekend - it's the best! Have a great Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, YES YES YES on that salad! It's my favorite salad that Panera offers ... I love the crunch of the dried apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Serial is one of my favorite Podcasts ever too and I need to try that Panera salad! Have a great weekend darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 7 episodes in, I'm on edge here and can't decide who did it! Haha. You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. I love the salads are Panera. Oh that laundry thing was funny. That is my least favorite chore. Sometimes, when I'm really lazy, I bring my laundry to my mom's house. She LOVES to do laundry. She is so weird. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Panera salads! I'm trying to do at least a load of laundry each day but I swear it's the chore that is never done!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks delicious! Laundry is the worst, I am working on getting better at keeping up with it, but sometimes I find myself with a million loads and no clean clothes!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm pretty sure I'll have it at least once a week just to break the monotony of healthy food! I need to be more disciplined during the week so the weekend isn't consumed by load after load after load... :) Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  7. I hope you have a lovely weekend and that you can get a little bit of rest. I haven't tried that Panera salad, but I will have to order it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain on sleep. Kids!!!! And I miss Panera so much. Looks yummy! I could go for a green tea right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Panera is the bestttt that salad looks SO good!! Awh hopefully your kiddos sleep better this weekend for you!! You rocked at making that banner :) and you said you aren't creative haha it looks awesome!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, Sean was just introduced to podcasts a couple of weeks ago and was trying to explain them to me!! No worries...I'm way behind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Panera is one of my favorite lunch spots for sure! You can't go wrong with their salads. :) I save all my laundry for Sunday...nothing like procrastinating it until the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never even tried their salads until recently! I had always gone for the potato soup in a bread bowl. My absolute favorite. :) I might as well too... As soon as I think I'm all caught up, BAM! it's grown to a full load or more!

      Delete
  12. Panera is a favorite with me too! It makes me happy when I have time to stop by for lunch. Love you blog and I'm following along on G+ !
    Enjoy the week ahead. xoxo Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy too! Especially when I can dine outside and enjoy the amazing weather and sunshine. :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  13. Your banner for lil L's party is so cute, you did a great job, lady! I looooove the quote at the end of your post, too funny and too true.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Panera and usually get the Chicken Cobb Avocado. But I recently tried the new Ancient Grain chicken w/arugula salad and may have found a new favorite! I just got into podcasts as well and have been loving Serial. I have a podcast post tomorrow on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try that salad! I'm having to hold myself back from eating several times a week. I'll have to check out the podcast post! I finished Serial and found out there's a follow up to it! And I found an update on Adnan. I was curious what happened with him!

      Delete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...