Friday, September 25

happy friday: let's chat about family, fashion, and fun



Happy Friday, Lovelies! I hope your week has been just as amazing as mine. I have lots I want to share from this week, so I'll get to it and do my best to keep it short and sweet. 

{ONE}
Last Friday afternoon, Little L had his one year check-up. He's not the best patient. They pricked his finger first, and I was surprised at how well he handled it. He didn't even cry. The band aid, however, was a different story. It was driving him crazy. He eventually managed to pull it off, and we both ended up with blood all over us. He fought the doctor looking in his ears, listening to his heart and lungs, etc. I had to practically put him a complete body hug for the nurse to give him his shots. Once we got to the car, he totally crashed and was fine the rest of the evening. Shew! 

{TWO}
I had some Gap Cash to spend last weekend, so I did a little online shopping. I always load my cart up and then compare and contrast the items to get to the total I actually want to spend. Once I had finished browsing and checked out my cart, I had way more in there than my limit. Gulp. Since I wasn't spending anywhere near that amount, I had to make some serious decisions. Thankfully, the Gap Cash helped a bunch! Here are a few of my favorites from my shopping spree. 

Heathered True Straight Pants

Roll-sleeve Tunic
1969 A-line Denim Skirt
On Monday, I chose to celebrate my first blogging milestone with a post on How to Start a Blog. I am breaking it up into two parts: getting started and the little things. I have some non-blogger friends asking questions and wanted to share what I focused on in my first month. Fellow bloggers, what were some of your main focal points in the first 30 days of your blog's life?

{FOUR}
I finished the Serial podcast earlier in the week. I just had to know what had transpired since the last episode aired in December. I learned two things when I started searching for the info: 1) There is a follow-up podcast called Undisclosed that continues to share new information and updates on the status of the case. I have not yet listened to any of these yet. Have you? and 2) I found a news article that was posted at the beginning of this month reporting on the current status. I'm still on edge. Did he or didn't he?


I also happened to see online that Serial Season 2 is not far from airing.

{FIVE}
On Wednesday, I shared all the things I'm loving about Fall. From the cooler temps to being able to blow dry my hair without getting too hot. I included some of my Gap Cash buys that I mentioned earlier too. Be sure to check them out.  

Oh, and this was also the same evening that Little L decided to take his first steps without any assistance!! We were all there to see it, so it was absolutely amazing. He walked right into Daddy's arms and Big Brother even got to record it on video - he loved being a part of the excitement. God is good.

{SIX}
Both my favorite shows aired this week. Is anyone else a Scorpion fan? I am such a hopeless romantic. I am definitely rooting for Walter and Paige. Even though, if and when they do become a couple, they'll inevitably have to have a falling out in the interest of creating more drama.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/scorpion/news/sme/202/8-biggest-uh-oh-moments-from-the-scorpion-season-2-premiere/

NCIS has been my number one show for years. I love all of the characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing what unfolds this season. As long as no one leaves or dies, I can handle the team drama.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/photos/1004602/10-words-that-have-a-different-meaning-to-ncis-fans/

{SEVEN}
Little J took this picture with Daddy's phone while they were working in the hay. We didn't even realize it was there. It's such a great picture that I just had to share.


That about sums it up for me. How has your week been? I hope it's been fabulous. Have great weekends!

~Trista~

I'm linking up with April|Five on Friday, Erika|Friday Favorites, and Amy|Oh Hey Friday.

13 comments:

  1. That story about your son and the bandaid is too funny! It sounds like he was at least brave when it came to getting pricked. Also, I love your Gap picks. They are perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks from the gap! That story about your son and the bandaid is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little man with his doc appointment! L had blood drawn a few months ago and calmed down pretty quickly from the finger stick BUT every time she'd look down at the band aid on her finger, she'd start crying again! HA! It was pitiful. Love your Gap picks- I let my GapCash expire - booooo : ( Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks from the Gap! Happy Friday!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you made some awesome purchases!! Love everything you got! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana 0-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that Gap sweater - I'm always on the hunt for more!! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the bomber jacket. I love it but WILL I wear it enough!? Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, Lil L took his first steps? How awesome!!! Sorry he didn't take well to the dr, I hate getting shots, too!

    You have some awesome GAP picks, love the tops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that farm pic!!! I bet your boys love helping daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lovedddd Serial! I listened to Undisclosed too and I still can't decide if he did it or didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first season of serial. I will check out undisclosed. I had just read an update on the case a few months ago, but have never listened to undisclosed. something to do next week while sitting at my desk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet started and am not sure if I will since I know it's still unresolved. I just want to know the outcome! Haha. Let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  11. That's a pretty great surprise photo! I get some too but they're usually blurry faces or the floor!
    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...