Wednesday, September 23

fall favorites and a milestone


blog button

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall. For real this time. The first time didn't quite count since it wasn't official yet. In honor of the first day of Fall, I'm linking up with Pink Persistence & Katie Elizabeth. We're sharing all things we love about Fall! Fall, Fall, Fall. I just thought you needed to hear me say that word one more time.

There are things I love about each of the seasons, but Fall is hands down my favorite. For reasons I can't explain, the transition to this time of year always puts a little extra spring in my step. Maybe a few of the things below are an explanation as to why.

I love the cooler temps in the morning and warm sunshine in the afternoon. One of my favorite things to do in the Fall is bask in the warmth of the sun without getting too hot. I find it therapeutic, good for the soul. 

local park

I favor long sleeves - I feel like they are more flattering on me, so I have more self-confidence. I also find long sleeve clothing more cozy and comfortable. The onset of Fall makes it seasonally acceptable to begin wearing sweaters, sweatshirts, and other long sleeve tops. I did some Gap shopping over the weekend and I cannot wait for some of my new items to come. Do you like any of these?

Flannel Plaid Relaxed Boyfriend Shirt

Slub Crew Cardigan





Jacquard Bomber Jacket

Classic Logo Zip Hoodie

I am a huge fan of rubber boots. I think I'm so cool when I wear them. On rainy or snowy days, I'll wear them into the office and just carry my shoes. I'm pretty sure most people probably think I'm being ridiculous, but I think I'm stylish. I've had my eye on these for a couple of weeks now.


Another reason I love Fall is that my hair behaves better. I'm not kidding. I use hot rollers almost every day. I find them low maintenance and they are great for giving my locks volume. For reasons I cannot explain, the crisper air allows my hair to actually keep the volume past the walk to the car. Without the crisper air and with any humidity at all, the volume goes kaput. My hair is even more awesome in the winter months.

I'm also a fan of Tim Horton's Hot Chocolate, blowing my hair dry without getting too hot, sleeping in a cooler bedroom with lots of covers, not having to cut the grass, bonfires, and watching the leaves fall.

What are some of your Fall Favorites?

Oh, on an unrelated note, Little L took his first steps tonight WITHOUT any assistance. Let the fun begin!

Happy Fall!

~Trista~

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited about the cooling temperature and not getting too hot while blow drying mu hair. Fall is my favorite season and when my little one is scheduled to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these things! I just love everything about fall!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fall!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES to all of the fall things! Especially plaid, hot chocolate (going to have to try TH's!) and the pretty foliage :) Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I feel so cook in my rubber boots too, though I admit, my hunters are actually terrible to walk in. The things I do for style. I really love some of the fall pieces at Gap. The bomber jacket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love that plaid shirt! Oh and yay for walking!!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...