Friday, August 21

five on friday

Hello Friday, I'm so glad you've arrived! Let's take a minute or two to recap the chaos that's ensued in the days that came before you.


{ONE}
I have always wanted to run a 5k race, but have never made the time nor put forth the effort to prep for one. A few weeks ago, after feeling as though the elliptical was doing absolutely nothing for me, I decided to give the Couch to 5K app a try. I was only five workouts into the training plan (and loving it) when my knees just couldn't take anymore. I had no choice but to give them a break. Every experienced runner I spoke with on how to minimize knee pain said I had to splurge for good running shoes. So, I did. Check out my new kicks! Am looking forward to breaking them in next week when I get back to it.


Brooks Running Shoe - Women's Ghost 7
{TWO}
Last weekend, one of my favorite movies came on TV. I wasn't able to watch it at the time, so I recorded it - DVR is amazing. I absolutely love Sixteen Candles. I've watched it off and on throughout the week, and it's still as great today as it was back then. By the way, am I the only one that takes days to watch an entire movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088128/

{THREE}
I find shopping for clothing somewhat stressful. It is nearly impossible to shop for myself if I have one of my kids in tow. If I have somehow managed to have zero kids while shopping, I'm usually worrying about my solo outing taking too long. Does anyone else do that? Anyway, I'm happy to report that I have solved my clothes shopping woes. I fell into the GAP. The quality is great, and the clothes are delivered straight to my door. Exchanges and returns are super easy. And, the customer service folks are always really friendly. My new favorites...


{FOUR}
The weather is beginning its transition from Summer to Fall. And when seasons change, my physical reaction is a pressure triggered migraine. My headache arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and the nauseous soon followed. My only cure is to sleep it off. I am so thankful to my mother-in-law for coming to my rescue and caring for my children while I slept the worst of it away in a cold, dark room. I must admit, there is one good thing to say about a migraine... The next day, when I awake without one, I'm so much more cognizant of the fact that I don't have one and am thankful that I feel so much better.

{FIVE}
I decided to start blogging again. You're here, and I am so glad. I hope you'll read about the WHY and the WHO. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

T~

Stay classy through the chaos.


5 comments:

  1. Good running shoes & learning if you pronate or supinate when running. If you have a Luke's Locker in your area they are really knowledgeable.
    Yesssss so difficult to shop with the kids in tow plus there is always some sort of mom guilt lingering ...I would just much rather shop for the kiddos than myself but I do love Gap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea whether I pronate or supinate! But I will do some research and learn. Thanks for the info! So glad you stopped by. Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Glad you've found a way to shop that works for you!! I hope you do not have any more migraines while we transition to Fall. I cannot imagine how painful those must be!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two years, I started getting migraines too but usually only about one a month. Excedrin Migraine has been my life saver! I can relate to the nausea setting in and laying down in a dark room doesn't even help me. Give it a try, you might have the same luck as me!

    I also love that you live on a farm! I grew up on a working farm and cattle ranch, so I can relate to appreciating that lifestyle. We still live in a small community now, and my parents (and childhood home) are only 40 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, I have never watched 16 Candles. I should probably watch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I enjoy reading each and every one!

I hope you have a fabulous day! And stay classy through the chaos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...